Thursday 8 November 2018

Cards to be Made


Hello everyone, another card made for my Christmas stash. But some of you maybe wondering why I named this post the way that I have.

Well at the moment there are cards to be made but at the moment I don't have my space to make them. I am in the midst of changing the location of my craft room and it's taking so long. Not because I have more commitments than I have in the past but now I am fighting my chronic pain all the way. It's hard because I remember when I could change things around in a couple of days. Sometimes my family would walk into our family area and find that things had changed while they were at work and school.

I am making progress and that is a good thing. But during this I needed a distraction and crafting a card for my Christmas stash was the perfect excuse. So I went onto my computer and looked at a favourite blog of mine to see what the next challenge would be. And since it is the first week of the month it is Sketch Challenge time over on the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown blog and this is the sketch

The only change that I made to the sketch this time around is the orientation and the elements are further apart than on the sketch. I only noticed this after I had stuck everything down because I didn't have the sketch with me. That will teach me not to print the sketch and make my notes before making it ... OH I want my craft space back.

Thanks for stopping by and looking at my project. And as always on all my blogs I would like to leave you with this last thought

Image result for lung cancer ribbon
I am 2 years today since I got the news that I had lung cancer. 
I was very lucky on 3 accounts. 
1. that this was found at all. 
It was while I was having a scan for something totally different that this was detected
2. that it wasn't aggressive
It was found out later that this spot was on a previous scan that I had in 2003, but it wasn't picked up for some reason
3. that surgery has advanced
  We were informed that this was operable and that I didn't have to go through a lot of the bad side effects.  Before this they wouldn't have operated and put me through courses of Chemo and Radiotherapy instead.
BUT this experience has changed both how I see things and also how my family sees things. We are grateful for the advances in medicine but also in God's timing. Things would have been so different if it was detected back in 2003.


Have a Happy Crafty Grateful Kind of Day,
💓 TracyB

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful wreath, sure to brighten someone's day. I hope your sorting is going well and that you feel good today. Thanks for joining in at 52CCT

    ReplyDelete