Wednesday 21 November 2018

Summer Snow Globe

Hello everyone. Summer Snow Globe – yes I know it sounds different? weird? But as I have said before I am in Australia and we don’t have snow when Christmas comes around. We have heat and cooling drinks sometimes over crushed ice which looks like snow. But anyway onto the reason for stopping by my blog – my card!



So as you can see I haven’t used a typical image within my snow globe. But you maybe asking yourself what started the creation of this card. Well it was prompted by Myrna from 52 Christmas Card Throwdown Challenge and her November Theme Challenge: Snow Globes
I knew that within my stash I had a snow globe image but then I went looking for an image that depicted my Christmas a little better. Once I found these I stamped the image of the glass and iced pitcher onto some Copic safe paper ready to colour. Then I stamped both the globe and sentiment onto some light weight card and after I did this thought it would be perfect for a 1 layer card. Then I decided that I would try out a shaker card for this design as well.
So to keep this quite flat for posting I decided to give more interest to the front I would do some stencilling with some distress ink. But first I had to use some Mask It masking paper and masked both the globe and the sentiment. To do the stencilling I used one of my various dots stencil in A5 size from Scrapmatts and my Fired Brick and Mowed Lawn Distress Inks by Tim Holtz and mini distress ink sponges. I put some double sided sticky paper on the back of the panel to make mounting after cutting easier. After this I cut out the inner of the snow globe.
Once this was done I mounted the whole front panel up on fun foam to give me the depth to make the shaker card. I used super fine glitter and some sequins inside the shaker then added the lemonade pitcher and the glass image. Then mounted this straight onto a white A6 sized white heavy weight card stock base.
I had a lot of fun creating this snow globe. Thanks for stopping by and looking at my creation today. And as always before you go I would like to leave you with this last thought of the day
Elim Garak (Andrew J. Robinson) on "coincidences".
Another fact about me – if I’m not making cards you can find me either with my head in a book or watching an episode of Star Trek. I have most of the series on DVD I am working towards getting the others. But I like this quote from Garak from Deep Space Nine. I know that coincidences do happen but I definitely don’t trust them.

Have a Happy Crafty Star Trek Kind of Day,
❤ Tracy B


No comments:

Post a Comment